March 15, 2010

there is no good title for a post like this

One of my friends is dead. 22 years old.

He was handsome. He had a good job. He drove a cool truck. He had a lot of friends. He was funny.

Yes, he had his problems... He was a recovering addict. He made decisions to turn his life around. He put himself into a recovery program. He just got out.

He had a bad day, decided to use one more time so it would all go away, and then went to bed and didn't wake up.
Such a waste of an incredible person, who could have had an incredible life!

I am angry.
I am confused.
I am sad.

I wish he had been strong enough to fight it.

On one of the windows in my house, there is a little drawing that he did, just a few days ago... It feels so strange to look at it... To know he had been there just a few days before. I don't have the heart to wipe it away... That is all we have left of him. A little drawing on the window.

He seemed happy when he was around... I guess he hid a lot more than anyone could know.

I wonder how long I will be angry, confused, and sad.

Why, Scott?? Why did you do that??

.... I wish I knew why...

We love you!
We miss you!
And we wish this was all a bad dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment