February 25, 2010

Here we are

Ladies and gentleman, if anyone actually reads this... I am now back in the blogging world. I used to be a part of it all, but due to past events, there just wasn't the desire to share my life with others. Funny what a boy can do to you! But I am here now, and ready to share, and some of you know a lot of what you will read, but for those who don't, here is a recap:

4 and a half years ago I picked a path, and there was no turning back. A marriage to someone I hardley knew, a beautiful daughter, 3 years of a little happiness with a lot of hell, and an ugly divorce later, my life was basically in shambles... If not for my daughter (now almost 4) I don't think I could have made it through any of it! She is the light in my sky!!

Now, life is getting back to what it should be.... And here is why:

Evan.

He has been my best friend since I was 12, we were next door neighbors. We had a junior high crush, and a high school form of love and hate. But, no matter what, he was always there for me. He was there for me even when it was not his place to be. Even when he was with someone else, and I called, he would answer. He was there for me through boyfriends, flat tires, dance performances, family issues... You name it, didn't matter, he was there. Judge me if you want, but even through some of the rocky times with my (now ex) husband he was there. To offer an outsiders opinion. Just as a friend. Because I was going home to my husband, and he was going home to his girlfriend, that was the path we chose... To be apart... But that path, for me, turned out to be less than happy... And the day I made the choice to separate from my husband for good, there was only one person I could think to call.... And he was there. Like he had always been, sort of waiting, I suppose, to be there for me. To offer support, advice if I wanted, love if I needed. To be my friend, like he has always been. But he was always more than that. I had ALWAYS loved him. I just chose the wrong path. I know why... So that I could have Maddy... And so that I could appreciate my friend for always being there.... I took him for granted when we were young. But I don't any more.

And FINALLY, after a long, bumpy, emotional, crazy, ride through life... We have been brought back together, we have realized how much we have always loved each other. He has taken my daughter under his loving wing, decided to be there for her also.... And now, we are GETTING MARRIED!!!

And here I am! Back to blogging! There is a lot more to it than that! But for now... That is how it will be left!

There is much to come! And the future seems more exciting now, than ever before!

I guess we'll see......

2 comments:

  1. Hurray welcome back, we are so excited to see you in a couple months :) and I am excited to be the first commenter on your new blog.

    Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, chills. You guys are the most awesome couple I know. Keep up the blogging, I'll be checking in.

    ReplyDelete